Saturday, October 19, 2013

French Toast Waffles


FRENCH TOAST WAFFLES

so I warmed up a loaf of bread (in the oven)....a pretty good loaf; although it was the same one I served last night. And no one ate it....again......

i keep throwing out bread....usually crusts that don't get eaten....but a perfectly good loaf....i was not going to throw away. So I shredded it, soaked it in a bowl with french toast batter, and let it sit in the fridge over night.



In the morning, I simply warmed my waffle iron and started cooking....okay, i really didn't have to do anything....



Voila...the french toast waffle!


I kept the pieces warm in the oven while cooking the rest....and as I waited for everyone to wake up....sat alone in the kitchen with my coffee....I love those quiet mornings!



You'll find the recipe here: FRENCH TOAST WAFFLES